IACUC - Animal care & use
Start this process early as approval will take a few weeks.
Include the protocol number in the subject line of any emails to IACUC: 201808839
CC Morgan and Glenda in your communications to relevant offices.
Register with myIACUC
Go to https://my.iacuc.ufl.edu and log in with your Gatorlink username and password and register as “study staff”. (If you are not on campus, you will need to use VPN to access my.iacuc.)
You will receive a notice when you have been approved.
Let Glenda know you have been approved and she will file a modification in the protocol to add you.
Fill out the EH&S AC Form.
- Supervisor (for Portal): Morgan (352-294-2082; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fiscal Contact: Daniel Deep (352-846-0578; email@example.com)
- Has the Payment Authorization Form been submitted? Choose YES (Morgan usually does this)
- Type of Animal Contact: 5 (Handles, restrains, etc.)
- Frequency: monthly
- Description: rodent trapping and tagging, collection of rodent morphometric data
- Check all the boxes under rodents, and specify: mice, rats, squirrels
- Complete all pages, add name at top of each page, and remember to sign
Email to Supervisor to sign and turn in (email completed form to OccMedClinic-RiskAssessment@ahc.ufl.edu).
Notify the IACUC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that the form has been completed.
Complete the AALAS modules available at: http://www.aalaslearninglibrary.org.
- “Working with the IACUC (For Ag and Wildlife)”
- “Working With The Laboratory Mouse”
- “Working With The Laboratory Rat”
Note: Each training has 20 modules (~1 hour/training). Going through practice questions will help you pass the final exam at the end of each training since some practice questions are asked in the final exam.
Optional: Download the CEU and Exam certificates for each training, for your own perusal.
If you don’t already have an account:
- Visit https://iacuc.ufl.edu/secure/
- Open the “Instructions for Working With IACUC Training” panel.
- Click on the link for first-time users. Click on “AALS Login”.
- Open “Tracks” and “UF Researchers - IACUC Training Modules”.
Once these requirements have been completed, please notify the IACUC office at email@example.com. Please make sure to include the protocol number in the subject line of any emails. If you have any questions, please contact the IACUC office at (352) 273-9535.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
Required for NSF sponsored projects
Follow instructions here: https://research.ufl.edu/rcr/rcr-training/citi-rcr-training/
Refresher courses will be required periodically.